Do you want to make a difference?
Solicitor – All Levels (minimum 1+ years experience)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated solicitor who shares our values and has a desire to develop their career in litigation to join our team.
The culture at the firm is supportive and progressive with a broad range of services. You will be challenged by a varied caseload, including Court appearances and client contact, so you will need to hit the ground running. As part of our growing team, you will have the opportunity to develop your legal skills and be passionate about being of service to our most valued clients.
The applicant will benefit by having experience and knowledge in any or all of the following areas:
- General Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Māori Land; and
- Refugee/Human Rights law.
You will have expert and talented colleagues around you who will mentor and support your development. You will also have the opportunity to appear in Court as assisting counsel, so a confident and sharp demeanour is required. Travel is involved for hearings so you will need to be comfortable with extended periods of time away at hearings and hold a full driver’s licence.
Minimum skills and experience required:
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Legal drafting, research, and analysis skills – high attention to detail is a must
- Have 1-3 years of experience as a solicitor
- Hold a current practising certificate from NZLS (New Zealand Law Society)
- Comfortable with technology and learning new systems – knowledge of Actionstep is a bonus
- A strong work ethic – balancing work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapid robust relationships with clients
- Strong research and drafting skills
- An understanding of te reo Māori me ōna tikanga
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
- Training and development
- Competitive remuneration package with professional benefits
If this is the opportunity you seek, please send your application to email@example.com together with a cover letter.
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 31 October 2022